In this article, we delve into the inspiring journey of Ravi Kumar Sihag, a remarkable individual who defied the odds and achieved tremendous success in the highly competitive UPSC examination. We will explore his educational background, age, 12th percentage, motivations, and the challenges he encountered along the way.
From his choice of optional subject to his study routine and preparation strategies, we will uncover the key elements that contributed to his triumph. Join us as we navigate through the inspiring story of Ravi Kumar Sihag, a testament to the power of perseverance, dedication, and the pursuit of excellence in the pursuit of one’s dreams.
|Full Name||Ravi Kumar Sihag|
|Educational Qualifications||B.A. in Political Science, English Literature, and Economics|
|Optional Subject||Hindi Literature|
|UPSC Rank||16 (Achieved in the year 2020)|
|Attempts to Clear UPSC||Four|
|Hometown||Sri Ganganagar, Tindiam, Rajasthan|
|Study Routine||Approximately 7-8 hours per day|
|Achievements||Cleared UPSC examination at the age of 28|
|Motivation for IAS||Desire to serve the nation and make a positive impact on society|
Who is Ravi Kumar Sihag?
Ravi Kumar Sihag is an individual who rose from a rural village in Sri Ganganagar, Rajasthan, to become a notable figure in the civil services of India. With a deep passion for education and an aspiration to serve his country, Sihag embarked on a journey to crack the highly competitive UPSC examination.
Through unwavering determination and hard work, he achieved remarkable success, securing an All India Rank (AIR) of 16 on his fourth attempt. Currently undergoing training at the renowned Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA), Sihag is poised to contribute significantly as an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer.
His journey serves as an inspiration, showcasing the power of perseverance and the ability to overcome obstacles in pursuit of one’s dreams. Ravi Kumar Sihag stands as a shining example for aspiring civil servants, motivating them to strive for excellence and make a positive impact on society.
Qualification & Educational Background of Ravi Kumar Sihag
Ravi Kumar Sihag possesses impressive qualifications that have contributed to his success in the field of civil services. Here are his notable qualifications:
- Secondary Education: Sihag completed his Class 10th and Class 12th from Anupgar School, where he excelled academically. He achieved an exceptional percentage of 95% in Class 10th and an outstanding 97% in Class 12th.
- Graduation: Sihag pursued his higher education at Anupgar College, where he pursued a Bachelor’s degree. He opted for a multidisciplinary approach, studying Political Science, English Literature, and Economics.
- UPSC Examination: Sihag’s ultimate qualification lies in his success in the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) examination. After multiple attempts, he secured an impressive All India Rank (AIR) of 16, proving his comprehensive knowledge and aptitude in various subjects.
- Training at LBSNAA: As part of his journey to become an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, Sihag is currently undergoing training at the prestigious Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA). This intensive training equips him with the necessary skills, knowledge, and practical experience to excel in his future administrative role.
Ravi Kumar Sihag’s qualifications highlight his academic excellence and dedication to continuous learning. These qualifications, combined with his passion, determination, and performance in the UPSC examination, have paved the way for his successful career as an IAS officer, enabling him to serve the nation and make a positive impact on society.
Why did he want to become an IAS officer?
Ravi Kumar Sihag had a strong desire to become an IAS officer due to several reasons. Here are some potential motivations behind his aspiration:
- Service to the Nation: One of the primary reasons for wanting to become an IAS officer is the opportunity to serve the nation and make a positive impact on society. As an IAS officer, Sihag would have the authority and responsibility to implement government policies, address public issues, and contribute to the overall development of the country.
- Governance and Leadership: The role of an IAS officer involves decision-making, policy formulation, and administration at various levels of government. Sihag may have been inspired by the prospect of actively participating in the governance process and taking on leadership roles to bring about positive change in society.
- Career Stability and Prestige: The Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is one of the most prestigious and sought-after careers in India. Becoming an IAS officer provides long-term career stability, financial security, and a platform to work with influential individuals and organizations.
- Intellectual Challenge: The UPSC examination, which serves as the entry point to the civil services, is known for its rigorous and competitive nature. Sihag may have been drawn to the intellectual challenge posed by the examination and the opportunity to continually learn, grow, and contribute in a dynamic and intellectually stimulating environment.
- Personal Aspiration and Fulfillment: Each individual may have personal aspirations and dreams that drive their career choices. Sihag, with his passion for education, dedication to his studies, and desire to serve the nation, may have felt a deep sense of fulfillment and purpose in pursuing a career as an IAS officer.
It’s important to note that while these are potential motivations, the specific reasons behind Ravi Kumar Sihag’s aspiration to become an IAS officer can only be truly known and understood by him.
Optional Subject of Ravi Kumar Sihag
Ravi Kumar Sihag opted for Hindi Literature as his optional subject in the UPSC examination. After conducting research and seeking guidance, Sihag discovered that many successful candidates from Hindi medium backgrounds had chosen Hindi Literature as their optional subject.
This influenced his decision, as he recognized the importance of selecting a subject that aligned with his strengths and background. By selecting Hindi Literature, Sihag could leverage his knowledge and familiarity with the subject matter to enhance his performance in the examination.
Choosing an optional subject that resonates with one’s interests and background can provide an advantage in terms of understanding and effectively answering the questions posed in the UPSC examination.
Ravi Kumar Sihag’s UPSC preparation involved the following key strategies:
- Comprehensive Syllabus Coverage: He studied the entire UPSC syllabus, dividing it into smaller topics for focused learning.
- Study Materials: He used standard textbooks, recommended reference books, and UPSC-specific study materials for in-depth knowledge.
- Current Affairs: Instead of newspapers, he relied on the Dhristi current affairs website for up-to-date information.
- Notes Preparation: Sihag maintained organized notes, summarizing key points and examples for effective revision.
- Mock Tests and Previous Papers: He regularly practiced mock tests and solved the previous year’s question papers to gauge his readiness and understand the exam pattern.
- Time Management: Sihag followed a disciplined study schedule with focused study sessions and short breaks.
- Discussion and Peer Interaction: He actively engaged with fellow aspirants and experts to exchange ideas and gain different perspectives.
- Positive Mindset: Sihag maintained a positive mindset, sought support from friends and family, and practiced self-care to manage stress.
Time Table of Ravi Kumar Sihag
|7:00 am – 10:00 am||Focused study of various subjects from the UPSC syllabus|
|10:00 am – 10:25 am||Break (relaxation and rejuvenation)|
|10:30 am – 1:00 pm||In-depth study, revision, and understanding of subjects|
|1:00 pm – 3:00 pm||Lunch break|
|3:00 pm – 5:30 pm||Continued study, focused on specific topics and practice|
|5:30 pm – 6:00 pm||Short break for relaxation|
|6:00 pm – 8:00 pm||Consolidation of learning, revision, and practice|
Ravi Kumar Sihag, a successful candidate in the UPSC examination, achieved a remarkable rank of 16. With his strong educational background in Political Science, English Literature, and Economics, he opted for Hindi Literature as his optional subject. Through diligent study and meticulous preparation, Sihag overcame challenges and self-doubt, displaying determination and perseverance.
His journey exemplifies the power of hard work and dedication in achieving success in the competitive field of civil services. Ravi Kumar Sihag’s achievement serves as an inspiration to aspiring candidates, highlighting the importance of focused preparation, subject expertise, and a strong desire to serve the nation.
What was Ravi Kumar Sihag’s rank in the UPSC examination?
Ravi Kumar Sihag achieved an impressive rank of 16 in the highly competitive UPSC examination. This remarkable achievement showcases his exceptional performance and dedication towards his goal of becoming an IAS officer.
What were Ravi Kumar Sihag’s educational qualifications?
Ravi Kumar Sihag possesses a strong educational background. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, English Literature, and Economics. This multidisciplinary educational foundation provided him with a well-rounded understanding of various subjects, which is undoubtedly advantageous for a career in civil services.