Welcome to this comprehensive article where you will discover all the essential details about the Samruddhi Mahamarg, including its starting and ending points, route map, and much more. Join us as we delve into the intricacies of this significant infrastructure project. Let’s begin our exploration!
The Samruddhi Expressway is a proposed highway project in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is designed to be a high-speed and high-capacity expressway connecting the cities of Mumbai and Nagpur. The aim of the Samruddhi Expressway is to provide a faster and more efficient transportation option for the people of Maharashtra and to stimulate economic growth and development in the region.
The expressway is expected to bring numerous benefits including reduced travel time, increased accessibility to remote areas, and improved connectivity between major cities and towns. The project has generated a great deal of excitement and optimism among the people of Maharashtra and is seen as a major step towards the state’s economic and social progress.
Important Points of Samruddhi Mahamarg
Roads are the lifeline of every country, in spite of connectivity from one place to another, it plays a significant role in socio-economic development, logical connectivity, and Travel Gate-Away. In India, various projects are under construction, one of which is Nagpur-Mumbai Expressway, also known as Samruddhi Expressway.
Facts About Samruddhi Mahamarg (Nagpur-Mumbai Expressway):
|Expressway||Samruddhi Mahamarg (Nagpur-Mumbai Expressway)|
|Other Name||Balasaheb Thakre Samruddhi Mahamarg|
|Cost||Rs 55000 Crore|
|Route||Nagpur to Mumbai|
|District Cover||14 Districts|
|Ending Point||JNPT (Mumbai)|
|Speed Limit||150 km/hr|
|Nodal Agency||Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation|
Names of Samruddhi Mahamarg
Other Names of Samruddhi Expressway are:
- Hindu HrudaySamrat BalaSaheb Thakre Maharashtra Samruddhi Mahamarg.
- Nagpur-Mumbai Super Communication Expressway.
Budget of Samruddhi Mahamarg
Samruddhi Expressway is being built between Nagpur and Mumbai. Moreover, it is the first such highway in India with 9 green bridges and 17 underpasses for the smooth movement of wild animals. The estimated budget of the project is around Rs 55000 crore.
Route Map of Samruddhi Mahamarg
Route of Samruddhi Mahamarg will pass through 10 districts of Maharashtra:
Further, it will connect 392 villages in these districts. The total length of the Samruddhi Mahamarg is 701 Km which directly connects Nagpur to Mumbai’s JNPT Port (The largest Container port in India).
In addition, it also interconnects highways and feeder roads which results in smooth movement in the other 14 districts:
Hence, Nagpur-Mumbai Expressway is expected to work as the lifeline of 24 districts and boost import-export trade by connecting Jawaharlal Nehru Port.
Nodal Agency of Project – Nagpur Goa Expressway
- Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation is the nodal agency that will develop this 701 km 8-lane Super Expressway.
- However, the construction work began in 2019 and so far, 70% of the work has already been completed.
- According to an Indian Express report, the project will be thrown open for public use in a phased manner from March 2023.
Features of Samruddhi Mahamarg
From improving the standard of living to reducing travel time between major cities of Maharashtra, this expressway has many important features.
- The speed limit on this expressway will be 150 km.
- The travel time from Nagpur to Goa will now be halved from the earlier 16-18 hours.
- Mumbai to Aurangabad can be reached in 4 hours and further, Aurangabad to Nagpur in 4 hours.
- Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor, the Western dedicated freight corridor, and the JNPT port will also be linked.
- There will be service roads on both sides of the expressway.
- CCTV surveillance and free telephone booths etc will also be available at the utility centers.
- Samruddhi Expressway contains:
- More than 50 flyovers.
- More than 24 interchanges.
- 5 tunnels and strategic locations.
- 400 Vehicles underpass.
- More than 300 pedestrian underpasses.
- The expressway can also be converted into a temporary runway during a disaster or emergency.
- Krushi Samruddhi Nagar:
- 20 industrial hubs at different places will also be located at Samruddhi Mahamarg.
- Provide economic prosperity in the state of Maharashtra.
- A New Town Development Authority (NTDA) has been set up under the provisions of the Maharashtra Regional and Town planning Act of 1966.
- Krushi Samruddhi Hubs will be set up at every 30-40 km of length of the expressway.
- The objective is to reduce the urban-rural divide.
Benefits of Samruddhi Mahamarg
Some potential benefits of Samruddhi Mahamarg include:
- Improved connectivity: The Samruddhi Mahamarg will significantly improve connectivity between Nagpur and Mumbai, reducing travel time from 16 hours to just 8 hours.
- Boost to trade and commerce: The expressway is expected to give a major boost to trade and commerce in Maharashtra, as it will facilitate faster movement of goods and people between Nagpur and Mumbai.
- Economic growth: The Samruddhi Mahamarg is expected to fuel economic growth in the region by attracting new investments, industries, and job opportunities.
- Agricultural development: The expressway will pass through some of the most agriculturally rich areas of Maharashtra, and will help improve market access for farmers, reducing wastage and increasing their profits.
- Tourism potential: The Samruddhi Mahamarg will pass through some scenic locations, and is expected to boost tourism in the region, generating more revenue and employment opportunities.
In conclusion, Samruddhi Mahamarg, the Prosperity Corridor, is a significant infrastructure project in India that aims to improve connectivity, reduce travel time, and boost economic growth. While it has faced challenges and controversies, the project has the potential to transform the region and contribute to overall development.
So, this is all about Samruddhi Expressway or Nagpur-Mumbai Expressway. If you like this article, please share it with your friends.
Where does Mumbai Nagpur(Samruddhi) Expressway starts?
It starts from the beautiful entry point in Nagpur. Once a person starts the journey, he can travel 701 Km without any break.
What is the route of the Samruddhi Highway?
It passes through 10 districts of Maharashtra as Nagpur-Wardha-Amravati-Washim-Buldhana-Jalna-Aurangabad-Nashik-Ahmednagar-Thane. It starts from Nagpur and ends in Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust.
Is Nagpur Mumbai Expressway Open?
At present, Nagpur Mumbai Expressway is not fully open, in the first phase of 2022 it has been made operational for around 300 km. Further, it will complete by March 2023.